Sunday, October 23, 2005

Back to the highlands

After spending much needed time with Jenny re-acquainting ourselves after the 3.5 month hiatus, we head to the airport to pick up the Pa. Having had a marathon 2.5 day trip to arrive, he's already full of travel stories and seems to be loving every moment of it.

Within the first day we had him wandering the night market of Kathmandu, dancing traditional dances with "more men than he'd ever danced with, " and meditating at the center Jenny and I found the day prior. Not to mention wandering the medieval streets of Bhaktapur with Raj, the same eager, knowlegeable high school student with whom I toured the city just a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow we're off to Besishahar, where we launch into the ever-popular Annapurna Circuit to surround ourselves with 8,000 meter peaks, local culture, and who can forget thousands of tourists flocking to teahouses. All told, we'll be roaming the western portion of the top of the world for about three weeks, and internet should be scarce or non-existent.

So just to keep you in suspense yet again, enjoy the silence for a bit. I will be back...never fear.

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

Your words are an inspiration. I simply become lost in your world when I'm reading this stuff. Better than photographs. I know you're on the dark side of the moon while I'm writing this, but I hope that you come safely back (so to speak - in the information-superhighway as home sort of sense) to this cyber connection. Though this is like comparing a pygmy to a gas-giant planet, I thought you might like knowing this. I went rock climbing for the first time ever with our favorite boddhisatva, Matt Bruce. It scared the shit out of my suburban-raised/worried parent sheltered ass, but goddamn did I feel like I finally understood something about this world. Anyway, it helped me to understand all of the crazy lingo that you rock-climbers are always spouting. thanks for helping us all live a little vicariously through your adventures.
Drink up,
Retox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home